A mind is like a parachute, it doesn’t work if it isn’t open.
- About us
- Learning and Teaching
- Accelerated Reader scheme
- Behaviour and Discipline
- Careers Advice
- Collective Worship Statement
- Gifted, Talented & Able
- Learning Development Centre
- Sex Education Policy
- Academy Day & Term Dates
- Assembly Rotas
- Expectations of Students
- Key Stage 4 Curriculum Pathways
- Millbrook Academy Awards Scheme
- Special Educational Needs
- Student Council
- Student Welfare
- Y11 Exam and Revision Information
- Sixth Form
- Contact Us
MBA Student Council
MBA Student Council is a group of students who are elected to represent the views of all pupils and to improve the Academy. It enables students to become partners in their own education.
The school council meets usually with the Vice Principal. Members of the Academy council are responsible for carrying out the ideas that have been agreed, such as planning fundraising events, writing student newsletters and looking after the academy environment.
What makes a good Council?
A good council benefits the whole academy, students and adults. It gives opportunities for students to communicate their feelings and opinions to teachers and support staff as well as influencing decisions that are made. A good council get things done!
The Aims of the School Council are:
To promote your views as students through discussion about issues raised by students and staff which affect the life of the school both in the present and in the future.
To help the people who make decisions in the school understand and respect your point of view.
- To give you an opportunity to understand and participate in a democratic process.
- To encourage you to understand the negotiation of the rights and responsibilities of citizenship in everyday life.
- To enable you to participate effectively in school and debate and address issues of concern to you both in and out of school.
- To enable you to become a partner in your education with teachers, support staff and parents.
- To give you a real say in how you learn and achieve.
- To promote the school's reputation and to maintain the school ethos.
- To undertake projects that will improve the quality of the school.
- Sat 22 Mar 2014 - 08:30am Term 5 Starts
- Tue 17 Jun 2014 - 09:00am SEN Induction Morning
- Thu 19 Jun 2014 - 06:30pm New Year 7 Parent/Carer Information Evening
- Tue 24 Jun 2014 - 08:30am New Y7 Induction Day
Quote of the Week
The Literacy Focus of the week is: